Get custom programming done at GetAFreelancer.com!

Get Paid with PayPal!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Remembering...

I was born and brought up well (I'd like to think) in Molave, Zamboanga del Sur.

My parents met, got married and raised a brood of five here. My mom grew up in Molave as well. She has better stories about it in her own blog. Fate intervened and so we moved to Ozamiz City. But we have never stricken Molave out of our system. We still have a house in the town the we so love. My mother still goes there every now and then to do some banking transactions (she still won't by internet and phone banking) and meet up with old friends.

I visited Molave in May to try to vote but since I can never wake up early, I got there a few minutes before 3pm in my watch but apparently it was already 3 in their watches--which is weird since other precincts were still open. So, I wasn't able to vote. First time ever since I officially became a voter. Too bad. But the visit afforded me a chance to look around. I wasn't so happy with what I saw but I think time will put things in their proper order somehow. Soon, I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family moved to Molave from Mahayag when I was 7. So many fond memories! Went to school in San Isidro Elementary School for first grade. Most fun memory was when I or one of omy siblings dropped one's "yoyo" in the "outhouse".. is that our "kasilyas"? Anyway, it's been so long ago I can't remember if we successfully retrieved it. It has been 50 years ago... he,he.. now I am an aging lola. My wish is to help the unfortunate in Molave. Make it an even field for the poor. Educate them, so they can get out of that rut - where there ancestors stay "samohan" from generation to generation.

You seem very educated - and with this comes "good income". Could you help?

Life is too short - my greatest reward is when I'm able to say "someone breathe better because I've lived".

Please help - help the people of Molave.

Important Note:
Filipinos should be taught the same method employed at least during my time. Especially in Math, English, and foreign languages...

iamsorceress said...

I'd very much like to help. Unfortunately, "good income" doesn't come automatically for someone like me so helping out financially isn't much of an option right now. I'm sure that I can help out someone through other means.

Thanks for dropping by.